Saturday, June 17, 2017

Love Reunited


Love Reunited
The first time I saw you,
As you walked into the room.
My heart did somersaults,
And soared to the moon.

It was love at first sight.
That is all it could be.
I was lost in your beauty,
For all the world to see.

I was afraid to speak,
As you walked by.
Just hoping and praying,
I would catch your eye.

When you smiled at me,
It took my breath away.
I was a man come alive
Finally living for the first time.

For a brief moment of time,
You were mine.
Then fate intervened,
And flung us a part.

For a decade and more,
I was lost in the dark.
Adrift on a sea,
Life had no meaning to me.

Then the spinners stepped in,
A new thread, woven in the cloth.
Returned to me,
That which I had lost.

The ups and downs,
And circle of events.
We were together at last,
The way it should have been. 

Written By: David M. Shuler
17JUNE2017

No comments:

Post a Comment