Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Me & I




Me & I
Lesson 1
I know what you are thinking. What is this lesson about? Is it all about me? Or is it, there is no I in team. The lesson is about me and God. For each of us, salvation is a personal experience with the sweet Holy Spirit of God. It’s not so much us looking for God in the beginning. It was God looking for me or you.
The verse we will be looking at today comes from Genesis chapter 3 and verse 9.
Genesis 3:9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where are thou?
Can you imagine. The Lord God came to the garden in the cool of the day, to visit and commune with Adam. And when God didn’t him, he called out to Adam and said, where are thou? Adam was in the physical presence of God. My mind cannot fathom what God even looks like. And here Adam was in His presence.
If you read the preceding verses, Genesis 3:1-8, we find that the old serpent Satan has beguiled Eve into eating of the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. And Eve in turn gave the fruit to Adam. And in the moment that they ate their eyes were open and they saw their nakedness. God asked them how they knew that they were naked. And as we see Satan in the guise of the serpent had tricked Eve. And the serpent was cursed.
My parents raised me in church at a young age. I sat under the man of God. And heard the Word of God preached on Sunday morning. I got acquainted with God and Jesus at a young age. But I wasn’t looking for God. I knew that in order to get to heaven I had to be saved.


I.                   I was lost .             God found me.

God through the Holy Spirit called to me, and said, Where are thou? When God found me, I wasn’t looking for Him.  But He knew that I was lost, just a retch sinner that needed Him.

Luke 19:10  For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.



II.                I needed redeemed.         God loved me.

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.

God sent His Son. To die for my sins that I might have everlasting. What greater love can ever be found. That Christ Jesus was willing to die in my place. Suffer in my place. For my sins. No greater love can be found.



III.             I needed the Savior.             God saved me.

When we come to the realization that we need God. We are on the right tract. When the sweet Holy Spirit, starts speaking in that still small voice to our hearts and lets us know that we are lost and dying alone and without God. And the end result is the everlasting fire and torment of hell. But the cure for that outcome is by believing in the lamb that washes away all sin. By believing in the precious blood of Jesus. And accepting Him into our hearts and lives.

Then by surrendering it all to Him. Believing in Him. The sweet Holy Spirit takes up residence in our hearts. The Holy Spirit announces with bold assurance that we are His and He is ours.

Acts 4:12  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 16:30-31  And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31. And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing , and hearing by the word of God.




IV.             I out of Gods will.            God still blessed me.

I will close the lesson with this thought. I for many years lived my life away from God. During those years God could have took my out of this world. But He didn’t. I don’t know why. He blessed me with life. That does not mean that I didn’t suffer. I did. Sin only leads to suffering.

The pleasures of sin will only last a season. The effects of sin, the scars, and trauma of a wasted life will stay with us long after the pleasure has left us.

Hebrews 11:25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season.

Notice again the last part of the verse. The pleasures of sin are short lived. And will only last a season.

God calls us out to be different. To act different. To talk different. To walk different. Let us look at II Corinthians chapter 6, and verse 17.

II Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them , and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.


I hope you enjoyed the Lesson. I needed God and He found me. This just came to mind one afternoon. There is nothing great about my ability in presenting this. It is all God and what he can do with it. Pray for Me. Thank you for your time.

There is so much more I would like to say about Genesis 3:9. I will at some time in the future, the good Lord willing.


Prepared & Written By: David M. Shuler
                                          02MAY2018

No comments:

Post a Comment