Monday, October 10, 2016

RAMBLINGS in the NIGHT...... Easily Offended

Ramblings in the Night……….Easily Offended

            We live in a day when people are easily offended about anything. People wear their feelings on their shoulders. And any slight seems, to be a person insult to set them off. Freedom of speech is under attack. Employers routinely check out employee or potential employees social media pages. Anything that is found that offends could cost a person their job. We live in an age where you have to be politically correct.       
            Just last week a teacher’s aide in Georgia lost her job over a post on her Facebook page where she called the first lady Michelle Obama a gorilla. People got their panties in a twist and sought to have her terminated from her job. And they succeeded. So a lady lost her job over her freedom of speech.
            I was taught when I was younger, that sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me. While that is not necessarily true in this day and age. Because I believe, in the 21st century people are thin skinned. Today if you say something that hurts a persons feelings then they run straight to the person in charge and tattle tell. Which when I was growing up would have gotten you beat up.
            Michelle Obama, our current first lady has had nearly 8 years to do tremendous things that comes with the position she holds as first lady. She could have bridged the gap between threatening tear our nation apart, and brought people together to end racism. But it never happened. If anything she caused the gap to grow wider. It is clear that she doesn’t like or care for white people. Claimed that she lives in a house built by slaves. What she failed to say was that slaves were brought in as a last resort. Because before slaves were used in the building of the White House, there were Scottish, Irish, and other races building it. And in order to get it built sooner slaves were brought in. But, let’s move away from the first lady.
This Rambling isn’t even about her. My Grandpa would say we are raising a bunch of pansies and sissies. My Grandpa knew that I was gay, when I was a teenager living in his house. He didn’t care about my sexuality. Because I didn’t act like a flaming queen. I loved to hunt and fish. I didn’t have a problem getting my hands dirty working The only thing about me that pissed my Grandpa off was my very long hair and the earrings in my ears. And he didn’t mind it too much or he would have made me cut my hair. Today, guys are afraid of breaking a nail.
While I was serving in the US Navy, I was an instructor at Corpsman school. I was out to my Captain and other member of the staff. I didn’t catch grief because I was gay. Mainly because I didn’t act gay. I sure wasn’t girly acting. But there were young sailors going through Corpsman school who did act girly while in uniform. This would piss me off quicker than anything. And I called 4 young men out for it one morning in front of everyone. Oh they screamed bloody murder. Claiming that I couldn’t call them out for the way they were acting. So I let them in on my secret. I didn’t normally tell my students about my sexuality. But I felt that they needed to be educated.
Now I am sure that this would and will offend some people but I really don’t care. I believe that while in uniform you carry yourself in a certain manner. And guys acting all girly is not the manner in which you carry yourself. Especially if you are in a combat situation. That is a good way for you to get yourself killed by members of your own unit.
While I was an Instructor at Corpsman school, new sailors coming over from boot camp and bringing with them time out chits. What the hell is a time out chit? I didn’t know at the time. Boot camp didn’t have time out chits when I was going through boot camp. So when the first student brought me one begging for a time out. I learned that they were to be given to the instructors when the student had had too much and needed a break because things had become to intense for them the continue. Are you fucking kidding me? As my Grandpa would say we are raising a bunch of pussies.
You know we have to be PC or Politically correct today. Well what does that mean? I had no idea until I looked it up. Well basically it means, is we have to be very alert to what we say and how we say in order not to offend others. To this I say, BULLSHIT. I like what the urban dictionaries definition of Politically Correct says. Political Correct: A way we speak in America so that we don’t offend whining pussies.Only pathetically weak people that don't have the balls to say what they feel and mean are politically correct pussies.” AMEN… I grew up speaking my mind. I don’t plan to stop just because what I say might offend someone. They either need to grow a pair or stay the hell away from me.
While I was in college. I think I caused my professors a lot of stress because I am so out spoken. I know I made Mrs. Burch cringe more than once, because of something I said. I used to hate to give my opinion. I didn’t really want to hurt someone’s feelings. But after much soul searching and thought, I decided hell if a person really wants to know my thoughts and feelings on a subject. I feel that I should be honest and upfront with them. Even if it hurts. If you don’t want my opinion don’t ask me for it. For the most part I am blunt and don’t hold back.

I think we can always agree to disagree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. It shouldn’t offend a person because someone sees things in a different light and voice their thought on the subject. So don’t hold back and raise your voice. Offend someone by thinking differently than they do. Post something that offends and have the balls to stand by what you believe. Don’t back down from confrontation. We need a few people with the guts to speak out, even if it offends others.

No comments:

Post a Comment